Monday, October 31, 2011

Elder Daniel Smith, 31 Oct 2011

HOWDY DO DA DAY? and Happy Halloween!
 
Well its been another week Texas. Transfers are coming up in three weeks and were really pushing hard to get our investigators baptized by the 19th of November!!!!!
 
Today is halloween and prep day, so we have 1 hour to teach. Haha, at 7pm were not allowed to proselyte because its halloween. there's more to it idk. but to answer some questions real fast. No we do not get the Ensign we get the Liahona in Spanish. i loved the story about dad, and hearing from the family is nice! I hope nana and papa, grandma and grandpa are all doing dandy. No we did not get to meet coach mendanhall. our investigator couldnt come so we didnt either!
 
I'm still the whitest kid around, even in Texas people more look like me. blonde hair, white skin. then there's the opposite. the kind of people we teach. the dark skin dark hair people. : )
 
Here's a crazy story I had. This week we had this appointment with this lady named Lorena. As we were heading over to the apartment I got a prompting, I wasnt sure because i was confused why should i go over there. as we got to our appointment we both felt a feeling like there was an evil spirit around us. We questioned it and thought maybe we should go to another area. So we cancelled our appointment and headed in a direction we thought someone really needed us. We scavenged and looked around and found someone to talk to. We didn't get a return appointment; went home confused. The spirit will not confuse you!
So later we ran into Lorena because we wanted to see her, our past appointments fell through with her.  We met with her and her dad was with her to.  They had just got to their apartment and had some water to carry into their apartment, so I shouted "HEY DO YOU WANT ANY HELP?" in spanish of course. The father said YES, help me!  I said "okay, with what?"  He said "i'm sick!".  So I said okay what happened? (he had a hospital wristband on his wrist). To make the story short (I'm going into much in detail) he said "4 nights ago after work some gay guy went up to me, grabbed me by the neck and squeezed me" and said something (I don't remember what it was but it wasn't spanish).  He thinks the gay guy pulled witchcraft on him and the father has been possessed.  Lorena said he is usually not like this. He was acting weird.  We asked if we could pray for him or bless the house. Nooooooooo, he would not let us. Every time we would pray he would try to leave. At one time he said a prayer himself, he got on his knees and started reciting some prayer, "forgive me for this and that and for killing a dog?" idk, he lost it, so we just decided and said, "okay, lets pray".  He kept butting in and was trying to leave, at the end of the prayer he just walked away and Lorena was crying the whole way through, she was so appalled because her father was never like this. we told her if she needs anything we're there for her.  I think satan really doesn't want her to hear the message we have, he's attacked us and her family.
 
other than crazy stories our investigators are coming along. we really need to teach Lorena. write back Gueros.

me and my comp hit the top 8 companions for the month, number 8. out of the mission! wow. i feel honored. and its funny because we can work so much harder!
Elder Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment