Monday, October 10, 2011

Elder Ammon Smith, October 10, 2011 

HEY!

 That's great that everyone is feeling great. I checked out your new blog! It looks good. So does the new RV. I'm looking forward to going camping in it with you. I noticed in the picture that were sent of you camping that there was a lake. Did you have a chance to use the boat on it? How is everything with the new house going? Are you all making good new friends with the members in you new ward? Do you have callings? 
 So BYU is playing TCU... hmmmmmmm???? Ill have to admit i'm a little scared about this one. I do have good news though. This week was transfers and i have been given a new assignment as the presidents assistant and he loves BYU so he will be able to give me all the new updates on how they are doing. Plus at Christmas time he lets us watch one game that has happened over the session hahaha. I'm really excited for my new assignment as AP Its going to be a fun way to end my mission. I get to have a few holidays in budapest now hehe. I'm also going to learn a lot through this new assignment. Nathan do you have any tips for me? 
  This last week was very long. We spent some time looking up in-actives and like i have said in the past they cover this city for some reason. Its really depressing here working with all of these in-actives. We have really been working hard to help them but most of them don't care our are inactive for the weirdest reasons. So i am glad to be able to dust of my shoes and move on to a new area. We have seen much success in this area. I am grateful for that. We helped one person become active again. I have learn so much from him. I see so much of my self in him which is why i think we have been able to help him so much. 

I hope everyone has a great week! I love you all.

Elder Smith




Elder Daniel Smith, 

Helloooooo family!

Well I hope your having fun camping!!! Dad sounds like he's been inspired a lot with the blog, the business, and the scrips! sweet! Well, mom as for the bike, its fine. I actually used it on a transfer this week. Its a great bike.  I love it. It came in the package assembled except for a few things, but it works great! 
Well guess what?  Its transfer time and........................................................................................................................................I'm staying! So is my trainer. I love Lewisville so I'm glad. We're really building up the area as we humble ourselves and follow the Lords will. We've been getting investigators to church and are meeting with some great investigators that may be elect. My Spanish is coming along, its getting better! so, people tell me...ha ha, they're so nice about it too. If I say something wrong they correct me...ha ha. I have trouble conjugating, mainly.  
Did I ever tell you that we eat a lot now with the members?  The president approved that we could leave our area....and our mission area!  We go to Dallas almost everyday, although we can't proselyte it's nice and there are a lot of Espanos.  The food is so good here.  I'm in love with Mexican food.  We've had food from other countries like El Salvador and Honduras and tonight we're going to eat with some Puerto Ricanos.  We eat everything with tortillas and peppers...ha ha, I love it.  The people, the culture...ha ha. The mission president also approved that we can go to the temple now!!!! but we have to live within an hour, which I do...yeah baby!

Its been raining a lot! here.  The weather is so random here. one second clear skies. then boom. rain. then no rain. but its always humid so its hard to know what to expect. when it rains here, it rains HARD!

Hmmmm, well I'm doing well, I didn't get sick this week. But I'm super tired...ha ha, but this week flew by very fast.  We're always busy and doing something. I think I'm gonna fast tomorrow, so I can improve and become better at speaking Spanish and my knowledge of the gospel and for investigators.  Pray for me please I need them. Tell me how the trip went, send pics. And I loved the letter mom, thank you so much. It was handwritten! sweet! thank you!  And thank you for sending me my patriarchal blessing! life saver. 

Well much love, any questions? You know where to find me. 
hasta dos anos.



No comments:

Post a Comment