Tuesday, October 18, 2011




Elder Ammon Smith, Sun, Oct 23, 2011
Goodmorning!(for me its morning)

Ok so I'm sorry that just now I am finding time to write you all. I have had a busy week learning all this new stuff! I love it here in Budapest! Almost a year and a half ago I was here and didn't really care for it to much; one because I didn't speak the language and two because I was just so excited to be on a mission and was learning all that I could so it felt like I just didn't have any time to really get to know the city or the people.

Being an AP is a lot different. I am enjoying it though. I have a good companion. He is also from phoenix AZ, He loves to skateboard. So we started talking about where we used to ride and it turns out we road at a lot of the same parks at home. We may have met before the mission but we just didn't know it. The church is very different here in Budapest its almost like a normal ward. There are so many people!

It sounds like Dan is having a great start to his mission. That's awesome that he is enjoying himself so much out there. He must be doing the right things and has a good companion. Tell him to keep up the good work and continue building a stronger love for the people and culture.

It was so sad to hear what happened to your parents mom (but a little funny at the same time). That's great that your family is all taking a part in helping them recover. So I know that mom has a calling in cub scouts but what about dad whats his calling? So Nathan starts his new job this week! That's GREAT! Tell him good luck for me.

That's it for this week. It will be fun to hear from everyone soon at christmas! I can't wait!

Have a great week. I love you all,
Elder Smith

P.S.
I'm always checking my mail now that I am in the mission office so much so feel free to write me at anytime and i might find some time to write you back during the week:)



Elder Daniel Smith, 16 October 2011


dear mom and dad, things are improving here. the Spanish, the teaching, finding, companionship. i have learned so much about the gospel!!! my eyes i thought were opened and there probably still not but i understand so much! something i thought i would share with you is how the gospel blesses families. maybe you already know what im going to tell you. Its all about the message of the restored gospel of Jesus Christ that makes it possible for families to be united now and in eternity. The gospel unites families and allows them to be together for eternity. and when families live the principles of the gospel they can experience peace, joy and a sense of belonging and identity in this life. heres my favorite part. its a good reminder. family happiness is maintained by: FAITH, PRAYER, REPENTANCE, FORGIVENESS, RESPECT, LOVE, COMPASSION, WORK, WHOLESOME RECREATIONAL ACTIVITIES, and my personal one UNITY. i've really been studying it to be able to explain it better. families are the best place to learn and experience the gospel and grow. families are ordained of GOD! you should read the family a proclamation to the world together as a family tonight and share thoughts, experiences, whatever. do it. well the mission has been a rush so far i will tell you that much. im turning brown and my hair is going black and i eat a lot of spanish food. i also speak another language.LOL

i've  seen so many blessings and how much the lord really loves each and everyone of his children. i have seen how he prepares them. puts them in the path of the gospel. i have had so many answered prayers here. hows my facebook? all i want to know is if people wanted to write me or get a hold of me. hows my bank account how much money do i have in it?
okay bye bye now.
brb if you write back.

No comments:

Post a Comment