Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Ammon, Mon, 21 Feb 2011

Hello family,

Another week in the mission. This week just flew by with lots of work and even a zone conference on Friday. We were able to meet with lots of people this last week. We have five of our 16 investigators progressing, that’s pretty good news. No one this last week had received an answer to their prayers about the book, maybe this week.
Hmmm I don’t really know what I can speak about this week. What will Nathan be doing for his birthday and is he going to get married to that girl? lol I spoke with nana and papa last week they sent me a letter, it was great hearing from them. They sent me an awesome letter.
 I really don’t know what else I can talk about this week so maybe I’ll tell you a story from this last week. On Saturday we met with some inactives we have been trying to get them to church. We stopped by their house 2 Sundays ago, before church, to try and pull them out of bed and get them to church but it didn’t work. This last week we met with them and had a great lesson about faith. We wanted to speak about baptism but while we were there they kept speaking about this new plant they got and how beautiful it will be once the flowers start to show. So we changed plans and instead spoke of faith and related it to a seed and the thing we can do to make it grow.  So this program was being taught to a couple, the wife is the inactive member and the man in just a nice person, but this lesson he really liked. We told them one of the biggest things we can do to grow personally is go to church. We asked them if they would go and the husband jumped all over the idea. He was ready to go to church right then, the wife not so much. She kept trying to come up with an idea so that they would not have to go but he would not let that happen he wanted to go. So we said, “Great we will be here in the morning to go with you”.  They agreed. So we went the next morning, rang the bell and nothing. Then some crazy old lady said that they moved. We told her we were just here last night. She said No, NO, they moved lol ? So they never came to the door and we haven’t talked with them since Saturday. So maybe they moved, I think not. Just a funny little story from our week we always have.  I can’t tell you them all or I will have no stories to share when I’m home.
That’s all from me this week.  I hope you all have a great week. We are just going to hangout today and maybe watch a movie. We also have a few programs today. Yes we work on our Pday for extra blessings? maybe. Are we working to much? idk  Me and my comp don’t mind, so no worries.

Elder smith

No comments:

Post a Comment