Monday, March 7, 2011

AMMON, 06 March 2011

This week was full of amazing things!!  One of our investigators, Flora, a 21 year old girl, received an answer to her prayers about the Book of Mormon. It’s an interesting story. We dropped her because there was no progress and no desire to learn or do any thing. A few weeks later we invited her to a baptism. She told us that she felt the spirit so strong at the baptism. We were so excited that we asked her right away, what did it feel like? tell us everything! She then said that she couldn’t explain it. We said that’s perfect, that was for sure the Holy Ghost. She then told us that after the baptism she thought a lot about those feelings and she decided to pray about the church and the Book of Mormon. She received an answer to her prayer. She felt the same spirit that she had felt at the baptism. We are so happy for Flora.  We have been praying and fasting for our investigators to receive answers to their prayers. We asked her to be baptized and she agreed and said that’s what she wants! This is the second time that I have had an investigator receive an answer that the church is true through a baptism. There truly is a wonderful feeling at baptisms.

My companion Elder Németh and I are doing great. The work is going wonderfully here. We enjoy each others company and all the great things we go through daily. We have seen God’s hand in this work many times together. We have learned a lot from each other as well and our testimonies have been strengthened by each others and by working together in this work. So like I said last week, we would love to finish this transfer on a high note and that’s what we have planned to do.

I got another letter from nana and papa. It’s great hearing from them and from you all. I LOVE MY FAMILY. szeretem a családom!!! That’s great to hear your testimony of prayer has grown this week mother, prayer is an amazing thing. As a missionary, you really are able to learn what is the spirit and what are your own thoughts. At the start of my mission it was always a problem, but once we stop and listen, everything becomes clear and it is easy to tell what the spirit is. You didn’t say too much about Nathan and Dan, I hope they are doing well.

I hope everyone has a great week. I love you all so much. I love being Smith Elder. I love the church. I love God and Jesus. I love the scriptures. I love moms food and smile. I love dad for working so hard to give us all a great life and give us this great chance to serve. I love Nathan and the example he set for me to serve and his beautiful music. I love Dan for his funny beard and for his powerful spirit. He is going to be a better missionary than me and Nathan.  I’m so excited for him!

Smith Elder

PS      GREAT NEWS…. THE INSTITUTE BUILDING WAS APPROVED!!! I’M SURE GLAD I FOLLOWED THE PROMTINGS OF THE SPIRIT!  IT KINDA HIT ME IN THE FACE, BECAUSE IN THE OTHER AREAS I HAVE BEEN IN WE HAVE TRIED TO GET ONE BUT WE NEVER MENTIONED IT UNTILL IT CLICKED AND I REALIZED, “HEY WE COULD MAYBE HAVE A INSTIUTE BUILDING.” BUT ANYWAYS, THERE WAS A MEETING ABOUT IT IN BUDAPEST AND IT WAS APROVED. WE ARE ALL SO EXCITED!  IT IS GOING TO BE SUCH A BIG BLESSING FOR THE YOUTH HERE IN HUNGRAY. THEY ALSO HAVE LOTS OF LAND OUT HERE IN VESZPRÉM, SO THEY ARE GOING TO MAKE IT INTO FARM LAND FOR THE CHURCH!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment