Monday, July 11, 2011





Elder Ammon Smith, Mon, 11 Jul 2011

Hello family

It was nice hearing from dad this week.I really enjoy the letters i get from him. Sounds like Dan is doing great and really loving what hes doing.
This week we really worked hard. We put one of our investigators on bap date. There was also a baptism here last week. Her name is Viki, she is 17 years old. i had the great opportunity to interview her for baptism. That was a great experience for the both of us. The work in Veszprém has been different lately because of it being summer but we have be able to to try new things as missionaries. It got up to 94 this week and it was humid. We had lots of fun working in the sun all week. We had a district meeting this week i gave a training on the natural man. As a district this week we also had a palacsinta night. A palacsinta is like a thin pancake. This week we are going to have a cheese night. A cheese night is when we bread the cheese and then deep fry it in oil. Its really good but not healthy. I really like cooking so i have learned a lot of fun things to do. There is another Elder in our district that likes to cook as well so we are always cooking something.
We have a great group of investigators right now. Each of them are very good people looking for truth. We also feel that most of them are ready for baptism so we are going to be inviting them to be doing that very thing this week. This is the last week of the transfer and i feel that i am leaving so i have kinda been bummed this week. I have been here to long haha. I have really enjoyed my service here im going to miss it. I'm also ready for something new, a new challenge! I like that feeling when you go to a new area not really knowing anything about it. So next monday we will be getting our calls which will be letting us know where we will be for the next transfer. So ill let everyone know.

HAVE a great week. BE missionaries!!!

Elder smith






Elder Ammon Smith,Mon, July 4, 2011

HELLO

So the family takes the walk through the airport for the last time; the last Smith that will be going on his mission for a time. How does everyone feel now that Dan is gone? I sent a big letter home for Dan with a few ties in it; I don't know if he will like them,I don't really know what his taste is. There is also one of my memory cards in the letter with all the pictures from the first half of my mission. I hope you all enjoy those. Please let me know once you get it.

Thats great to hear that dad is feeling well enough to go back to work. My companion elder austin was sick for three days this week. WOW! was that  hard just sitting around for three days I almost read the entire Book of Mormon. So i had a great three day study. He is doing just fine now and we are back to work. YES!! We already only have 2 weeks left in the transfer so we are really trying to finish strong! So other than those three days of study we just had normal day of preaching. The week flew by. Today our district wants to do something fun for the 4th of july but we have no ideas so we will see what we will come up with and ill be sure to take some pictures. Im really enjoying every second i have here in Veszprém itis a very beautiful place. It really hit me this week that this is probably my last 2 week here in veszprém, so I'm really just taking everything in and am trying to leave on a high note. I love missionary work and how much closer i am to our heavenly  father because of it. I hope that each of you are always looking for ways to serve others and to share the gospel. I love each of you. Im doing great! My back and neck are just fine.
Have a great week!!!!

Here is a quote the comes to mind when i face hard times in our work.
"and my people must needs be chastened until they learn obedience if it must needs be by the thing which they suffer"

ELDER SMITH



No comments:

Post a Comment