Monday, June 27, 2011

Elder Ammon Smith, June 27, 20011

Hello family,

Sounds like everyone is doing just great at home. Dan is getting ready to leave on his mission, dad getting better, mom is having too much fun with her sisters and family and Abby can swim.

We’re doing great here as well.  We were in Budapest last week for a zone conference. I was hoping to find a box waiting for me but I didn’t find anything. I’ll be sending my box home now that I have an address. There is some things for Dan inside so you will have to send those things to him.

The work is going great here. We have been having trouble finding people that want to meet with us but we are working hard on find those people and sharing the gospel with them. We were blessed to teach an inactive family this last week and put a 10 year old boy in that family on bap date. He is a very smart kid and wants to be baptized and knows why it is important. Please pray for him to come to church lol.  We feel this might be something that will hold him back from being baptized. Péter, the man who was baptized last transfer, painted me a picture of the dream Lehi had in chapter 8, it’s very cool, I’ll send a picture of it if I remember to take a picture of it. He has never seen a picture of it before so it’s kinda different but it is great! He is doing so good and is a very active, the members love him a lot. Flora the girl that was baptized last transfer is also doing very well. She fits right in with the youth and has a new glow about her and its burning bright.

I feel that this is my last transfer here in Veszprém. This city has a big place in my heart. I love the people here so much and we have been through so much together. We are already 3 weeks in the transfer so there are only 2 and a half left. Time is just flying by and it seems like Elder Austin and I just got the call that we would be staying together another transfer.
I’m going to take some time now to try and send some pictures. I love you all have a great week!!!







Elder Ammon Smith, 19 June 2011 - Father's Day! :D

Wow sounds like everyone is just doing great!
 I don't know where to begin. We had another great week here in Veszprém. I’m beginning to get a little nervous, our zone leader said that they are using our district as an example of how missionary work should be done in our mission. There was a zone leader meeting and he said they kept talking about the Veszprém district. So I feel the pressure and feel like I need to do everything perfect. That’s how I felt at the beginning of the week but I’ve learned to just forget about it and do what we were doing before. I'm so grateful for how well the work is going. I love seeing the change that the gospel brings into peoples lives. What a wonderful blessing to be a part of something so important and what an even bigger responsibility it is to be the ones to share that message with them that will bring them joy for all eternity.

On Saturday we went to a Hungarian cowboy  carnival. Wow was my name just written all over that place. There was just so much fun stuff everywhere, don't worry I didn't buy anything, I wanted to but I didn't. There was a competition were you go around doing a few things like whipping, shooting an arrow, throwing a knife and some other things. Anyway the most you can score is a 75, I scored a 71 and one of the people leading this thing said to me, you must be Hungarian. He was a little shocked when I told him I’m American.  I’ll send some pictures next week, I took a lot. I forgot to bring it today.

 That's great to here that dad is doing better and that Dan is so close to leaving on his mission.

I hope you all have a great week,

Elder smith

P.S.  Only 5 transfers and I could be home. That’s as long as I have been here in Veszprém.

No comments:

Post a Comment