Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Ammon Smith, 5 June 2011

Hello family,

 It’s so good to hear that everyone is doing good and that the move is going well. I’m sure that Dan is very excited to go to the temple. Once again, not one word in the letter about how dad is doing and what he has been up to?????

This week was transfer week. We got our call this morning and my companion and I will be staying together here in Veszprém!!! This will be my 5th transfer here. So I have been here for over a half a year and now it will be a little more. That’s no problem, I really love where I am serving.

Ács Flora is name of the girl that was baptized last week I’ll try and send some pictures of the baptism and lots of other fun pictures.

This week was great. We worked very hard thinking that it would be our last week together as a companionship. We also had a concert this week here in our city, 2 of the sister missionaries came and put on a musical concert, it was great. There was a huge turn-out and the music was beautiful. The concert was really the highlight of our week, other than that we have just been working. Kata has been out of town all week so we are hoping to be able to meet with her this week sometime.

The weather is getting very hot here and it’s raining a lot so it’s hot and humid. I don’t know if I told you all last week but last p-day we went to the zoo. We had so much fun there. Today we played tennis, that was fun. And the week after this week,we are going to go whip, hehehe. I now own 3 whips, 2 of them I bought and one of them I made. It’s not the best looking thing but I think it’s fun that I made one. I was thinking about sending one home. I also hope that you  found some time to send that box for me. I’m waiting but I’ll have to admit I’m getting impatient haha.

Love to all,

Elder Smith






Ammon Smith, 30 May 2011

Hello family,

Well everything is going good on this side of the world. We were blessed with another baptism this last weekend. I will send some pictures next week. The work is still going great for us. It’s not easy, we have to always be working hard but it’s worth it. This last week went by very fast. We did a ton of things but they are not coming to mind at this moment. 

As I said before, the branch that we are serving in has a farm; we went out there to work a little bit and will be going out there again later on today. We also went to a small village this week where we have been teaching some people. The place is called a garden town because it’s made of farms and gardens; these towns are all over Hungary. So we went out there to help them farm a little bit and teach. We have been blessed here with many people to teach. We love them all very much. We have seen so many amazing things lately. We see Gods hand in our work all the time. For example this last week we met with someone named Kata. It was our first time meeting with her. We started to teach her about the Book of Mormon and the Spirit, she told us that she wants to believe that it is true. She also wanted to have those feeling that the spirit brings into our lives so we told her if she really wants to know so badly then we could kneel and she could pray and ask. We promised her that she would receive an answer. So we knelt and she began to pray. She asked if the church was true then she closed the prayer. We asked her, “Did you receive and answer?” she said no. We then asked did you wait for one, did you listen for one? She said no. We all smiled then asked her to try again and listen this time. So she asked one more time if the church was true then she waited in silence a few minuets then closed. She told us she received an answer. I hope you enjoyed that as much as I did we have many other story to tell but I’ll save those for another time.

Have a great week. I love you all.

Elder Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment