Tuesday, June 14, 2011



Ammon Smith, June 12, 2011

I put lots of new pictures up on facebook!!!

Hey family and friends,

I thank everyone for all the letters I got last week. I went up to Budapest last week and was shocked at how many letters I got! I'm glad to hear that everyone is doing great. I think it's so wonderful how many missionaries are leaving from our stake. I'm so proud of everyone for making such good choices.

It really hit me last week that I don't have much time left in Hungary. I started to miss all the old places I had served in and how amazing they are and all the kind people that I've met. I was really motivated by these feelings to work harder.

I was so happy to find out that I would be staying here in Veszprém. There is so much work here right now; my companion and I are always busy. I've been here so long, since christmas and because of that we walk down the street and always see people that we have spoke with on the street and at their homes. So there is just a feeling of home here; so I think I will stay when the time comes to go home. It seems unreal when I think of what home will be like when I'm back so I don't think about it!

This last week was full of great work and many miracles. I was given the assignment to stay as district leader. I was very grateful for that privilege again. I really enjoyed the opportunity last transfer to serve such wonderful Elders. My companion and I were so excited when we heard that we will be serving another transfer together and even more excited when we heard that no one in our district would be leaving. We have seen so many miracles together and have a very strong love for each other. The Branch president pulled us aside this last Sunday just to let us know how grateful he is to have such fine missionaries serving in the branch. (I think it became a ward last week.) I have never had anyone do something similar to that in my mission. We are very grateful for him as well and the love that he has for the ward.

The ward farm is looking beautiful, there are so many delicious things growing right now. The ward has become so much closer because of the farm and the members are out there every night to take care of their crops. So they have so much time to become closer and serve each other.

This last week we went cherry picking. We picked about 4 pounds of cherries. They were so good we even picked some strawberries. I can't even explain how good they were. I also feel sorry for Elder Austin because I ate them all.

On Monday we went on an all day picnic with the branch; we all had so much fun together. We rode our bikes about 20 miles away to a beautiful place. We played games had some good food and enjoyed each others company. I got a little sick from being in the sun so long but it was worth it. I'm doing great now.

I love you all,

Elder Smith

"THE BEST WAY TO DO MISSIONARY WORK IS BY EXAMPLE 
AND THEN IF NEEDED USE WORDS."












1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you have this blog Ammon, and am grateful to know such an honorable missionary. It has been years since I last saw you! You were a poerful person then, and have proven to be a powerful man now. We will be praying for the gospel to spread in your area and in the hearts of those you serve and love. We love you!

    ReplyDelete