Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Ammon, 17 April 2011

Hello everyone

I can’t believe Dan’s call has not come yet. I can’t wait another week! Just send me an email as soon as you know, I’ll be checking.

I’m happy to hear that the dogs are being played with and I’m sorry to hear that Pepe is getting old. Maybe a check up at the doctor would be good for him.  Not to be mean, but please don’t tell me any bad news about Pepe, I don’t like that kinda stuff.

Easter in Hungary is weird but I love it and think it’s very funny. What they do for Easter is….. the guys get buckets of water and they throw the water all over a girl they like, then he reads a poem to her and if she likes him or not, she gives him a painted egg or a kiss. I’m sure you can find some stuff online about it. We have dinner plans for Easter with one of the single older ladies in our branch.

The work is going great! Our 1st baptismal date, Flora, is doing wonderful.  She is always so kind and sweet and has a strong love for the church and the gospel. Her baptism is still a few months away. Our 2nd baptismal date, Péter, is 59 years old but acts like he is 40, he is golden. We have been blessed so much with the chance to teach him and to also learn so much from him. He understands the gospel and agrees with everything we teach him.  We thought that he might have a problem with tithing so we decided to teach that to him this week so that we could have time to work things out before his baptism, if there were any problems. So we taught him tithing after church and also after the branch president gave a talk on tithing in the 3rd hour of church. He loves tithing and it almost seems like he has a testimony of it already. I love Péter so much, he is very intelligent and loves the Lord. His baptism is on the 14th of May. There is only 1 week left in the transfer. I think I will be staying in Veszprém. We will find out next Monday, so I will let you all know.

I love you all. Be sure to have a great week. Study the scriptures daily!!!!!!!!

Elder smith

No comments:

Post a Comment